Nascar Fanaddicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Johnson irked at not being "Cup" Favorite

Go down

Johnson irked at not being "Cup" Favorite Empty Johnson irked at not being "Cup" Favorite

Post  luckyGordongrl Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:05 pm

Jimmie Johnson has a new look this season. He's ditched his clean-cut image and let some facial hair grow. But some things haven't changed. The three-time defending champion doesn't even enter the season as the overwhelming favorite to capture the title. That honor belongs to 2008 runner-up Carl Edwards.
It irked Johnson.
''I heard that at (the preseason Fan Fest) at Daytona that they ranked him as the favorite to win, and I'm like, `Uh, really? I just won three of these things,''' Johnson said. ``I can't believe I wouldn't be.''
Johnson never has finished worse than fifth-place in his seven-year Cup career and has amassed 40 wins and 156 top-10 finishes. He now has a shot at history and could become the first driver in Cup history to capture four consecutive Cup titles.
Rival owner Jack Roush seemed delighted to hear Johnson is bothered about not being viewed as the favorite.
''I wondered where his button was,'' Roush said. ``If that's the button, we'll have to push it more often.
``That could be a chink in the armor and I'll explore it if I can.''
luckyGordongrl
luckyGordongrl
Ringer
Ringer

https://nascarfanaddicts.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down